The Fountain of Light Update (0.7.0) is now live, bringing 30 new levels, a whole new world, and an entirely new in-VR way to share your levels with other players around the world and explore the creations of other Architects of Light. This update also introduces support for Blueprint Reality’s recently-release MixCast VR mixed-reality tool!
The Fountain of Light Update
Our full announcement and details for the Fountain of Light Update can be found here. New features include:
- 30 new levels in a brand new world
- A new Guardian to heal and help ascend
- The ability to share your levels with the world at the Create Altar
- Find new levels, your friends’ levels, and levels highlighted by Blueprint Reality weekly at the Community Altar
- MixCast VR mixed-reality video support – create your own mixed-reality videos easily with Blueprint Reality’s new tool!
- Many fixes and improvements throughout the experience
Learn more about creating and sharing your own levels with our Create & Community Guide video.
0.7.0 Patch Notes
0.7.0 includes many fixes and improvements:
- Upon completing World 1 the Lynx statue is now at the Story Tree to begin playing World 2 levels
- The Create Altar now allows you to place custom levels in the right-hand column to share them. Levels must first be completed once by the creator to prove they can be solved.
- The Create Altar now has a scrollbar for scrolling through your edited levels
- The Community Altar unlocks after level 15 in World 1
- Place one of the statues on the left-hand altar to find levels
- World statues will find levels in that world from all submissions
- The friends statue will show all levels shared by your Steam friends
- The Blueprint Reality logo statue will show levels highlighted by BPR, which will change on a weekly basis to highlight community levels
- For the first two weeks of the Fountain of Light Update, the highlighted levels will be the Blueprint Challenge Pack levels, which are no longer found at the Story Tree
- The Community Altar has a scrollbar for searching through long lists of levels, such as Friends’ levels
- Level crystals’ art updated and now show when completed
- Game credits can now be seen by picking up the Blueprint Reality object behind the player start location
- Trying to place a crystal into an invalid keyhole now rejects it with an effect
- World 2 puzzles are unlocked by completing World 1
- World 2 puzzles contain hot and cold elements that change the attributes of the ball or parts of the puzzle
- You can now throw away the rail by grabbing the middle and tossing it away
- Guardians will no longer appear in edit mode for either world
- Edited levels now show a number on the crystal that increments with each newly-created level to help differentiate them
- A lumen now correctly appears when you complete another players’ level or play your own custom level
- Significant performance improvements throughout
- Fixed an issue where elements would sometimes disappear after being pulled off the shelf
- Fixed some issues where objects like elements and crystals would become stuck to your controller
- The starting island in the tutorial is now larger to minimize initial disorientation
- A puzzle element can rarely become ‘stuck’ to your controller. You can usually throw the puzzle element away or simply open and close the Steam interface in VR to detach it
We want to hear from you!
You are an important part of making Awaken an incredible experience for its full launch and beyond! Awaken is still very young and we’re here to listen to what you love about it now and how you wish it would improve in the future.
You can submit your feedback in-game or at http://feedback.awaken-game.com, or join the community discussion at http://discuss.awaken-game.com!
Thank you for participating in our Early Access journey and we hope you enjoy the Fountain of Light Update!